The registration starts from APRIL 9, 2018 to July 2, 2018
Preliminary Selection: July 20, 2018
Your dossier (in both paper format and electronic format) must be sent to the organizer between APRIL 9, 2018 to July 2, 2018
Your complete dossier must consist of the following:
Submission of Dossier
Paper format: Please put your complete dossier (Attachments 1 ~ 7) into an envelope and glue the duly signed 2018 TFDA Submission Envelope Cover (Attachment 8) on the cover of the envelope. Then please send the envelope postmarked by July 2, 2018 to: Fashion Institute of Taipei, Taiwan Textile Federation No.9, Sec.2, Xiyuan Rd., Taipei 10860, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Electronic format: Please upload your dossier in DOC/JPG files to our official website http://www.tfdaaward.com/.
All image files must be uploaded in JPG file, CMYK format, width 800 x height 600 pixels, resolution 120 dpi, with the size of each file no larger than 250KB.
Final Selection: final runway show and award ceremony on November 9, 2018.
Those selected finalists must produce the 6 outfits, and send them together with accessories (if any) and any other supporting materials to the organizer postmarked by September 17, 2018.
Fitting and photo shooting date: at the end of September, 2018 (tentatively).
* Reference dimension table (depending on the actual situation of the following will be slightly adjusted)
The international jury will include well known designers, fashion professionals and fashion media. Winners will be selected by a final jury. The jury will decide the number of final winners without appeal. It is possible to leave a prize/prizes vacant due to a lack of qualified works.
Theme of the competition is open, although the judging will be focusing on "creativity", "performance" and "sustainability" to encourage contestants to pay more attention to global environmental issues, promote sustainable fashion and observe social trends in depth. Contestants can present the innovative ideas in relation to the above topics from the perspective of inspiration, design, fabric, material, pattern-making, printing, workmanship and details etc.
Priority will be given to the winners for:
1. Only individual person is eligible to participate in the contest. Contestants must ensure that they only submit their own original designs which have not been used for commercial sales and will follow the work specifications requested. No copy, piracy or intellectual property infringement acts are allowed. Should any of these acts be disclosed or found, the organizer reserves the right to inform related organizations, take appropriate actions in accordance with relevant rules and regulations, disqualify the contestant involved and/or recall his/her prize, and prohibit him/her from participating in this contest for a period of 3 years. And if any infringement or loss thereof is caused to a third party, the contestant/winner involved should be held fully responsible without objection.
2. When submitting their outfits, finalists must use hanger and zippered garment protection bag for each outfit and adhere the following information of each outfit to the upper right corner of its garment bag:
- registration number (Please refer to your online Registration form);
- front & back photos of the outfit;
- illustrations/photos of special way of wearing if necessary;
- a content description (e.g. a blouson, a skirt, etc.; including accessories if applicable).
Finalists must also label their registration number at the inner side of each outfit/accessory. Any loss of or damage to outfits caused by the failing of proper labeling will be contestants’ own responsibility without objection.
3. No name or any other marks other than the registration number should be shown on the submitted outfits. In the case of any violation, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify the contestant involved.
4. Submission/delivery of contestants’ dossier /outfits will be at contestants’ expense. All contestants must adhere to submission deadlines as set by the organizer. Contestants missing the relevant deadlines will be rejected by the organizer. Contestants should make sure of the proper packaging of their dossier/outfits. The organizer will not be held responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during submission/delivery.
5. After the preliminary selection, those who are selected as finalists and in turn the final winners will all be informed by e-mail or post. The results of preliminary and final selections will also be publicized on the official website of this contest as well as the TTF website. All contestants must keep for themselves extra paper and electronic copies of their submitted dossier for preliminary selection which will not be returned by the organizer. After the contest, all finalists’ outfits must be collected from the organizer during the stipulated period (to be advised). To maintain the fairness of this contest, those contestant selected as finalists are obliged to submit their selected outfit to collect the prize.
6. Finalists and their designs must be present at events and occasions related to the contest. The organizer owns the right to shoot the winning designs and reproduce the results of shooting in any format including but not limited to photograph, video and CD-ROM for display, publicity and promotion purposes. And the organizer owns the copyright of those photographs, videos and CD-ROMs. After the final selection, the organizer owns the right to present and exhibit in public the finalists’ designs.
7. Contestants warrant that music provided does not infringe third party intellectual property or authorized already, and would indemnify the organizer if it does in fact infringe third party intellectual property.
8. Contestants under the obligation must attend the final selection. If one is absent or fails to submit the original designs, any finalist rewards including, but not limited to, cash prizes, trophies and certificates will be revoked.
9. By registering to enter this contest, all contestants acknowledge that they have been made aware of and agree to all the requirements and terms and conditions of the contest as stated by the organizer.
10. The organizer reserves the right to make any necessary adjustment to the rules of this competition.
Overseas finalists can apply for round-trip air tickets and 2 days accommodation in the period of final selection. The application form will be offered after the preliminary selection. Please take a note that application shall be filed in the stipulated period.